Subject: [Nessc] topics and authors for NESSC special issue papers
From: siscoe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:38:21 -0500
List-Id: New England Space Science Consortium <nessc.bu-ast.bu.edu>

Below is a list of topics and authors that combines the list that came 
out of the January 9 meeting with an earlier list that was distributed.  
This is a draft list.  It can be changed and probably will be changed in 
response to this message to reflect the interests of people identified 
as authors.  Each topic has two or more names of people likely to be 
interested in contributing to the paper.  Feel free to add or remove 
your name from any topic.  (And please forgive any oversights.)  I have 
identified possible lead authors in caps.  A person so identified who 
wishes not to be responsible for the project should please try to get 
one of the coauthors to take on the task.
Following Kathy Reeve's suggestion, we should break up into topic teams 
at the NECCS meeting to decide on assignments and schedules.  Many 
people are on more than one team, so this will cause a logistics problem 
which will probably have to be solved by individuals following their 
interests as best as possible. 

Paper topics and authors 

    * Comparative reconnection as it bears on the relative roles of
      microscale and macroscale determinants of local and global
      reconnection rates: BHATTCHARGEE, Raeder, Dorelli,
    * Proton-electron asymmetry in post-eruption plasmas in the corona
      and magnetosphere: SPENCE, Schwadron
    * Shock heating and particle accelerations: KORRECK, Raymond, Lee,
      Moebius
    * Reconnection and current sheet acceleration: CHEN (Bhattachargee),
      Chupp, Moebius
    * Cooling of plasma in ICMEs and plasmoids: SISCOE (Elliott),
      Raymond (UVCS), Smith, Hughes
    * CME-plasmoid acceleration and propagation: WU (SCHWADRON), Forbes,
      Reeves, Siscoe
    * Pre-eruption and eruption processes (e.g., flux cancellation for
      CMEs and "build-up" or growth phase for substorms) REEVES, Forbes,
      Lin, Spence, Hughes
    * Post-eruption processes sunward or earthward of the eruption site
      (flares and auroras, particle heating/energization and injection
      into closed-field-line volumes): RAYMOND, Korreck, Golub, Spence,
      Hughes
    * Post-eruption presence of magnetic reconnection (ICMEs and
      plasmoids):  CROOKER and HUGHES, Farrugia, Owens, Goodrich, Raeder
    * Post eruption current sheets and "blobs": CRANMER, Lin, Raymond,
      Crooker, Goodrich, Hughes
    * Turbulence and waves in ICME and terrestrial magnetosheaths:
      SMITH, Farrugia, Richardson
    * Magnetosheath accretion and ICME shock standoff distance as a
      function of radial distance: SISCOE, Eisenberg, Hughes

_______________________________________________
Nessc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://bu-ast.bu.edu/mailman/listinfo/nessc